Raise your hand if bath time with kids is all fun and games until it’s time to wash their hair?
I know it is in my house.
There are tears, lots of tears. From my kids and from me, and it quickly turns an enjoyable part of our night routine into a nightmare. And when I’m on a time crunch to get them bathed, do storytime, and get them in bed so I can get some work done. Well, every meltdown is time wasted and risks the rest of the night going badly as well.
A few weeks ago I was contacted by Munchkin and asked if I would be interested in trying out Rinse, their shampoo rinser that promises tear free tub time. Y’all I didn’t even have to think, I jumped at the chance of a bathtime without meltdowns.
I’m glad I did.
Munchkin Claims That Rinse
- Is good for children 6+ months
- Has a soft, contouring rim that hugs your child’s forehead to help keep soap and water of their eyes
- Has a grip designed to prevent mold and mildew
- Is easy to clean
- Has a unique teardrop shape that fits on the bathtub ledge
My Experience With Rinse
I have been using Rinse for over a week now because I wanted to allow it to go through all of my kids’ personalities before writing my review. Good days, bad days, sleepy days, you name it.
I have to say I am impressed. Atlas is willing to sit with his head up and allow me to place the rim onto his head to rinse his hair, so it was a great fit for him from the beginning. Austen is not so patient. I often am rinsing her hair while she is in the process of running away from me. She also refuses to look up while I rinse her hair.
I wasn’t sure how Rinse would work for her, but I have found that it works great. Even if she is not looking up I can lay the rim onto her head and am able to get the shampoo out of all but the very front of her hair. It leaves maybe a centimeter unrinsed. But if she looks up even a tiny bit I am able to get it all done without any water getting into her face. This is a HUGE deal.
Once my kids realized that I could rinse their hair without getting water into their eyes bathtime has become a lot easier. Don’t get me wrong, we still have meltdowns. Like when they take a toy the other is playing with. But the meltdowns are no longer caused by mom saying it’s time to wash their hair. I’m counting that as a win.
Three Things I Like About Rinse
- It really is easy to clean: Austen being the wild child that she is, means that I need to wash all of the bath toys each week. At first, I was really worried that water would get trapped into the plastic handle and mold would start to form. So far that has not happened so I’m hopeful it won’t be an issue.
- It’s Affordable: The Munchkin Rinse is only 5.00, meaning it can easily fit into anyone’s budget.
- Rinse Really Makes Bathtime Easier: For us at least, Atlas is terrified of water getting on his face and I’m terrified that it could cause a seizure in Austen. Rinse takes away both of those fears. And, although my kids still do not like getting their hair rinsed, they are at least throwing tantrums over it.
Overall I’m very impressed with this product, and am glad I agreed to try it!